Tuesday, January 7, 2014

How to open files on windows startup (Windows Seven)

In this post I am going to tell you simply how to open some files on windows start-up in Windows Seven. For me, I need this in my work to open some excel files used daily in task management, periodic actions, attendance sheet,... etc. Also, I can open internet or intranet pages as well. This helps as a kind of fool-proofing so you will not miss anything.

All you have to do is go to "Start menu", "All programs", "Startup". Then right click on the "Startup" folder icon and click "Open".


Then the folder will open in a new window (notice the long path). Now, you can place (by copy and paste) any file and/or file shortcut you want to open automatically when Windows starts. It is preferred to use shortcuts, so you will not loose your files when you install new Windows.


































No comments:

Post a Comment