Friday, August 12, 2011

World map with circles art work

I got the following image using "image processing and design toolbox" in Scilab environment to get the color of each pixel in the original image and drawing circles with random diameters. The color of each circle is the color of the pixel coincident with its center. Finally, I exported those circles to scalable vector graphics format which is easy to scale keeping the quality unchanged.


The code is time-consuming, so if I improved the code, I'll post it later. 

3 comments:

  1. Can you share in which program and by which tools did you manage to get this picture? It's really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I used some Scilab code (which is similar to Matlab, but it is open source software). There is a toolbox in Scilab that do image processing. I used this toolbox to get the colors of pixels, then I wrote a text file -using scilab- with some scalable vector graphics SVG codes. I looked for the code on my PC, but -unfortunately- I didn't find it :( .

    ReplyDelete